What are Avocados?
Avocados are very loved in the product department. They are the perfect ingredient for guacamole dips at parties. And they appear in everything from salads and wraps to smoothies and even brownies.
In 2017, the world production of avocados was 5.9 million tonnes, led by Mexico with 34% (2.01 million tonnes) of the total (table). Other major producers were the Dominican Republic, Peru, Indonesia, and Colombia, together producing 30% of the world total (table).
In 2018, the US Department of Agriculture estimated that 231,028 hectares (570,880 acres) in total were under cultivation for avocado production in Mexico, a 6% increase over the previous year and that 2 million tonnes would be exported. Wikipedia
Avocados offer nearly 20 vitamins and minerals in every serving, including potassium (which helps control blood pressure), lutein (which is good for your eyes), and folate (which is crucial for cell repair and during pregnancy). (Webmd)
According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), these are the nutrition facts for about one-half, or 68 grams (g), of an avocado:
|Dietary fiber||6 g|
|Total sugar||0.2 g|
|Potassium||345 milligrams (mg)|
|Vitamin A||43 micrograms (μg)|
|Vitamin E||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin K||14 μg|
|Monounsaturated fatty acids||6.7 g|
|Vitamin B-6||0.2 mg|
Avocados are healthy for our heart and vision. They prevent osteoporosis and cancer. They are also healthy for babies and they improve digestion.
This is a simple avocado toast recipe according to FoodNetwork
- One 8-ounce ripe avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- Fine salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole grain or whole wheat bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or unsalted butter, softened
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a shallow bowl until chunky.
- Season with fine salt and black pepper.
- Toast the bread until browned and crisp.
- Lightly rub 1 side of each slice with the cut side of the garlic until fragrant; discard the garlic.
- Lightly brush the toasts with oil, and season with fine salt and pepper.
- Divide the mashed avocado evenly among the toasts, and top with more flaky sea salt, more black pepper and red pepper flakes if using.
Calories in Avocado Toast
Therefore, there are a total of 189 calories in Avocado Toast containing 1 slice of toast and ½ of Avocado with 0.76g of salt.
How many calories are in avocado toast with fried egg?
Calories in avocado toast with fried egg
With serving size of 1 slice
|Grams||Percentage of calories|
Total calories are 435 calories
How to eat avocado for weight loss (Video)
Recommended Reading: Important and Fascinating Food Facts